TOAD for Oracle empowers developers and DBAs to be more productive by providing an intuitive graphical user interface to Oracle. TOAD is a powerful, low-overhead tool that makes PL/SQL development faster and easier and simplifies database administration tasks. Get directions, reviews and information for LCBC Church - Hazleton in Hazle Township, PA.
|European fire-bellied toad (Bombina bombina)|
Toad is a common name for certain frogs, especially of the family Bufonidae, that are characterized by dry, leathery skin, short legs, and large bumps covering the parotoid glands.
A distinction between frogs and toads is not made in scientific taxonomy, but is common in popular culture (folk taxonomy), in which toads are associated with drier, rougher skin and more terrestrial habitats.
In scientific taxonomy, toads are found in the familiesBufonidae, Bombinatoridae, Calyptocephalellidae, Discoglossidae, Myobatrachidae, Pelobatidae, Rhinophrynidae, Scaphiopodidae and Microhylidae.
Usually the largest of the bumps on the skin of a toad are those that cover the parotoid glands. The bumps are commonly called warts, but they have nothing to do with pathologic warts, being fixed in size, present on healthy specimens and not caused by infection.[unreliable source?]Toads travel from non-breeding to breeding areas of ponds and lakes. Bogert (1947) suggests that the toads' call is the most important cue in the homing to ponds.Toads, like many amphibians, exhibit breeding site fidelity (philopatry). Individual American toads return to their natal ponds to breed where they are likely to encounter siblings as potential mates. Although inbred examples within a species is possible, siblings rarely mate. Toads recognize and avoid mating with close kin. Advertisement vocalizations given by males appear to serve as cues by which females recognize kin. Kin recognition thus allows avoidance of inbreeding and consequent inbreeding depression.
In Kenneth Grahame's novel The Wind in the Willows (1908), Mr. Toad is a likeable and popular, if selfish and narcissistic, comic character. Mr. Toad reappears as the lead character in A.A. Milne's play Toad of Toad Hall (1929), based on the book.
In Chinese culture, the Money Toad (or Frog) Jin Chan appears as a Feng Shui charm for prosperity.
- ^'toad'. The American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Retrieved 6 October 2016.
- ^'toad amphibian'. Encyclopedia Britannica. Retrieved 2017-05-23.
- ^'Toad'. Dictionary.com, LLC. Retrieved 29 May 2012.
- ^'Anura, Taxonomic Serial No.: 173423'. ITIS Report. Integrated Taxonomic Information System. Retrieved 20 April 2012.
- ^Ray, Crystal. 'Do Toads Really Cause Warts'. Yahoo!. Archived from the original on 29 July 2014. Retrieved 29 January 2013.
- ^'American Toad'. psu.edu.
- ^Waldman B, Rice JE, Honeycutt RL. Kin recognition and incest avoidance in toads. Am. Zool. 1992. 32:18-30.
- ^'The Big Read Top 200'. BBC. April 2003. Retrieved 28 June 2016..
- ^Christine Paik (2002-03-19). 'NPR report'. NPR. Retrieved 2013-02-26.
- ^'Feng Shui Money Frog'. Archived from the original on 1 May 2014. Retrieved 28 June 2016.
|Look up toad in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toad.|
- 'Toad' . Encyclopædia Britannica. 26 (11th ed.). 1911. p. 1035.
Toadies Possum Kingdom
|Original author(s)||Jim McDaniel|
|Written in||Various (depending on the database used)|
|Type||Database management tools|
Toad is a database management toolset from Quest Software for managing relational and non-relational databases using SQL aimed at database developers, database administrators, and data analysts. The Toad toolset runs against Oracle, SQL Server, IBM DB2 (LUW & z/OS), SAP and MySQL. A Toad product for data preparation supports many data platforms.
A practicing Oracle DBA, Jim McDaniel, designed Toad for his own use in the mid-1990s. He called it Tool for Oracle Application Developers, shortened to 'TOAD'. McDaniel initially distributed the tool as shareware and later online as freeware.
Quest Software acquired TOAD in October 1998. Quest Software itself was acquired by Dell in 2012 to form Dell Software. In June 2016, Dell announced the sale of their software division, including the Quest business, to Francisco Partners and Elliott Management Corporation. On October 31, 2016, the sale was finalized. On November 1, 2016, the sale of Dell Software to Francisco Partners and Elliott Management was completed, and the company re-launched as Quest Software.
- Connection Manager - Allow users to connect natively to the vendor’s database whether on-premise or DBaaS.
- Browser - Allow users to browse all the different database/schema objects and their properties effective management.
- Editor - A way to create and maintain scripts and database code with debugging and integration with source control.
- Unit Testing (Oracle) - Ensures code is functionally tested before it is released into production.
- Static code review (Oracle) - Ensures code meets required quality level using a rules-based system.
- SQL Optimization - Provides developers with a way to tune and optimize SQL statements and database code without relying on a DBA. Advanced optimization enables DBAs to tune SQL effectively in production.
- Scalability testing and database workload replay - Ensures that database code and SQL will scale properly before it gets released into production.
- Toad Pocket Reference for Oracle plsql 1st Edition by Jim McDaniel and Patrick McGrath, O'Reilly, 2002 (ISBN0596003374, ISBN978-0-596-00337-1)
- Toad Pocket Reference for Oracle 2nd Edition by Jeff Smith, Bert Scalzo, and Patrick McGrath, O'Reilly, 2005 (ISBN0596009712, ISBN978-0-596-00971-7)
- TOAD Handbook by Bert Scalzo and Dan Hotka, Sams, 2003 (ISBN0672324865, ISBN978-0-672-32486-4)
- TOAD Handbook 2nd Edition by Bert Scalzo and Dan Hotka, Addison-Wesley Professional, 2009 (ISBN0321649109, ISBN978-0-321-64910-2).
- ^Scalzo, Bert; Hotka, Dan (February 2003). Toad Handbook. Developer's Library. Jim McDaniel. Sams Publishing. p. xiv. ISBN978-0-672-32486-4. Retrieved 2013-10-23.
I've been working on TOAD now for more than six years. Or has it been seven?
- ^'Quest Software's Acquisitions'. Dell Inc. Archived from the original on 2012-02-03. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- ^'Dell to Acquire Quest Software'. www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- ^'Quest Software, its Toad tool leaping over to Dell'. SearchOracle. Retrieved 2017-12-06.
- ^Miller, Ron. 'Confirmed: Dell sells software division to Francisco Partners and Elliott Management'. TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- ^'Quest Launches as an Independent Software Company Backed by Francisco Partners and Elliott Management'. www.businesswire.com. Retrieved 2017-11-30.
- Quest Software Toad company website