Filter: Numark MIXTRACK 3 Nowadays, more and more DJs are using VirtualDJ Pro Full to be able to use digital music instead of traditional vinyls or CDs. Still, using digital music doesn't mean you'll have to sit behind a computer and use a mouse and keyboard. Jul 23, 2015 (.UPDATE: The Mixtrack Pro 3 Script is now included with the DEX 3.4 installation. Only download the mapping file below if you’re running an older release, or to use with RED Mobile 3) The Mixtrack Pro 3 is the third and most recent iteration of Numark’s very popular Mixtrack Pro DJ controllers.
The S2 is great for Traktor. If you're interested in Serato DJ, look at the Denon MC4000. That and the S2 are both professional controllers in the same price range. The Mixtrack isn't really comparable. It's $249 and the others retail for $399. The S2 is definitely a more professional solution than the Mixtrack. So Numark Mixtrack Pro 3, while being a cheaper option, tends to get more favorable ⭐ reviews than the $339 Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S2, as seen on the chart below. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 is a more popular dj.
The Traktor Kontrol S2 suits Native Instruments or Traktor fans, and there are definitely some left out there. Who knows what resurgence Native Instruments will see with the release of Traktor 3.0, we’ll have to wait to find out! Last but never least, the Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 provides exceptional value. It’s slightly bigger which is either.
- The FX controls works with either Simple and Group FX Units. But I recommend to use Group FX Units.
- The FX Touch Strips can be used as 'Auto ON' FX button, and I added an ON/OFF switch for it, it's pretty cool. When you use Shift + FX# button, you activate the 'Auto ON' function, and the FX button starts to blink to indicate that. Then, the FX will be ON as long you touch the Touch Strip and will turn OFF right after your finger stops touching the Strip. If the 'Auto ON' is off, you can toggle the FX by pressing the FX# button as well (that's the normal behavior and the default).
- The Jog Wheels works as Scratch when touched on the top and works as bend if touched on the borders. You can disable/enable the Scratch function by pressing the Wheel button. If the track is stopped, the Jog Wheels can be used to seek the track (regardless of the Wheel button state) and if you hold the Shift button with the track stopped you can seek the track more accurately, which is great for setting cue points and beatgrids.
- The Pitch Fader is very precise. For instance, you can change from 128.15 to 128.16 easily .
- VU meters are working too. I adjusted them to have a more 'pumping' behavior. In Serato they stuck in reds almost all the time, even with low levels.
- Using the Browser buttons you can navigate by folders, playlists and favorites shortcuts and load to decks or preparation list without the need to put your hands on the laptop. Just use the browse button to scroll, SHIFT + Push the browser button to toggle between List and Tree. You can navigate in yours favorites by pressing SHIFT and rolling the browser button.
- The Touch Strips can also be used to seek a track if used in combination with the Shift button.
- This map was made in Traktor Pro 2.10.2, but should work fine in 2.6+.
- v1.4.1: June 04, 2016:
- Include a hi-resolution jpg with instructions (read the red labels:) )
- v1.4: June 04, 2016:
- First public release.