The effects of behavior skills training on correct teacher implementation of natural language paradigm teaching skills and child behavior. Behavioral Interventions, 27(2), 57-74. I., & Wilder, D. The effects of behavioral skills training on caregiver implementation of guided compliance. Motivational Enhancement Therapy/Cognitive Behavior Therapy combined – this more intensive training promotes the use of these two structured effective interventions for youth, young adults and adult populations (Cannabis Youth Treatment Series vol. 1 & 2; Integrated Change Therapy for Substance Use and Co-Occurring Disorders).Behavioural Training
Behavioural Training is an extremely important element of all corporate training programs for companies as globally it is recognized in inculcating the right attitude in their employees. 'If you want to change attitudes, start with a change in behaviour', says Dr. William Glasser who is the great psychiatrist from the US. The modification in behaviour necessitates them to unlearn what is exisitingly deep-rooted in them over a time and imbibe new behavioural skills.
What is behavioural skills training?
Behavioural skills training is a blend of skills that are required in interpersonal relationships, effective communication, engaging attitudes and productive emotions that will allow employees to work & perform well with their colleagues. In other words, it aids individuals to analyse their existing behaviour patterns, and trains them with new skills to recognize new patterns to achieve better results. Therefore, these programs are a key part of leadership training.
Behavioural Skills Training
The latest addition to our services is providing microlearning content. This will help to enhance learning and retention of our courses. It is a form of e-learning through which the latest generation learns.Read more
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Vs Cbt
- Facilitate and Coach: Offer precise, positive feedback; Have frequent, one-on-ones, presenting solutions to problems, personalized to your employees’ specific strengths.
- Macromanage and avoid micromanaging: Good leadership skills helps you to strike a balance in giving liberties to your employees, while still being within reach for guidance.
- Be concerned about the well-being of your team members: Recognize your employees as individuals with lives outside work.
- Be courageous about obtaining results: Facilitate the team in prioritising their work and use your position to eliminate roadblocks.
- Communicate with efficacy: Effective communication skills are a two-way street: you both listen and contribute to information. This helps the team to connect the dots.
- Be Team Focused: Be earnestly involved in the career development of your team.
- Clarity of Vision: Have a clear vision with supporting strategy.
- Self-Development: Have the necessary skills so that the team can fall back on you.
Mr. Lazlo Bock, Google’s Vice-President for People Operations says, he is surprised by the simplicity of the rules. This simplicity not only creates ease in the application but also does not require a personality transplant for a manager.
Mr. Bock says, 'You don’t actually need to change who the person is' he says. 'What it means is, if I'm a manager and I want to get better, and I want more out of my people and I want them to be happier, two of the most important things I can do is just make sure I have some time for them and to be consistent. And that’s more important than doing the rest of the stuff.'
The latest addition to our services is providing microlearning content. This will help to enhance learning and rentention of our courses. It is a form of e-learning through which the latest generation learns.
Behaviourial Training Outline
Personal Grooming & Etiquette
- Social Graces, Etiquette and Body language
- Making a Great First Impression:
- How to present yourself to people
- Greetings, Introductions
- Developing Your Professional and Personal Image
- Personal Hygiene
- Polish interpersonal skills
- Etiquette of Dressing:
- The do’s and don’ts in dressing
- Understand various dress codes for different occasions
- Clothes and Corporate Culture
- The Do’s and Don’ts in Conversation:
- Enhance communication skills
- Build self-confidence and self-esteem
- Rapport building
- Making a Great First Impression:
- The Basics of Interpersonal Communication
- Starting and sustaining conversations that are engaging
- Handling conversations with the opposite sex
- Acknowledging differences
- Giving and receiving compliments
- Coming across as a positive person
- Avoiding bad conversational habits
- Displaying Courteousness and Thoughtfulness at the Workplace
- Being thoughtful to colleagues regardless of position
- Sticking to convictions as diplomatically as possible
- Showing appreciation
- Extending courtesy to guests, consultants, and new employees
- General etiquette
- Sending effective messages
- Form and tone of the messages
- Responding to messages
- Organizing the different parts of an email:
CC & BCC
- Taking calls
- Making calls
- Do’s and Don’ts over the telephone
- Cell Phone Etiquette
The Building Blocks of Effective Business Communication
Dialectical Behavior Therapy Workbook
- Structuring communication:
- Having a clear objective
- Highlighting critical points
- Being clear and concise
- Understanding the audience
- Active Listening
- Reflective Listening
- Passive Listening
The Campus to Corporate Training Program will be 16 hours spread across 2 days.
Behavioural Training in Chennai
Behavioural Training in Mumbai
Behavioural Training in Hyderabad
The following entry is a record in the “Catalogue of Catastrophe” – a list of failed and troubled projects from around the world.
Sinclair Vehicles – UK
Project name : C5
Project type : Personal transportation device
Date : 1985 (filed under historical failures)
Cost : $12M, plus significant damage to the reputation of the Sinclair brand
Sir Clive Sinclair was one of the visionaries who made personal computing a reality. Launched in 1980, his ZX-80 PC helped usher in the PC age. At a price of just £100 the ZX-80 was a hit and the machine put Sinclair at the heart of the United Kingdom’s PC revolution. Ongoing development resulted in the ZX-Spectrum that sold 5 million units following its launch in 1982.
Emboldened by success, Sinclair turned his attention to another of his areas of interest, personal transportation. In a project that illustrates how wild success in one realm can build over-confidence that leads to utter failure in another, the Sinclair C5 was to forever tarnish the Sinclair name.
The C5 was a battery-assisted tricycle that (if you believed the hype) was to revolutionize personal transportation (video). Able to drive up to 20 miles for just a few pence (cents) the C5 was to be the solution to urban congestion and the high cost of owning a car. Unfortunately the design fell short of the market requirements and the machine was savaged by the press following its launch. Among the issues: It rains in England! The open concept and exposed driver position meant the C5 was only really practical in dry weather. It had no reverse gear and was difficult to turn around in confined spaces. Even modest hills were too much for the C5’s battery to handle and the design meant that using the pedals to assist was hard to do effectively. There were quality problems and early reports of components failing further dented the machine’s reputation. And, perhaps most importantly, the public did not feel safe driving such a small and open vehicle in real traffic. In the end 17,00 were sold, but this was far short of projections. To many, the C5 was seen as a novelty item rather than a serious mode of transportation and just 11 months after the failed launch, Sinclair Vehicles went bankrupt.
Contributing factors as reported in the press:
An overly confident visionary (arrogance). An over-hyped launch that left consumers and the media with unrealistic expectations. Failure to consider all of the requirements needed to make a practical solution.
Reference links :
- Sinclair C5 (Wikipedia page)
- Sinclair video (a somewhat humorous video illustrating both the ZX computer and the subsequent problems with the C5)
- C5 Owners club – The owners club for current C5 owners and enthusiasts.