- Apocryphal Facts Viirejected Scriptures In The Bible
- Apocryphal Facts Viirejected Scriptures List
- Apocryphal Facts Viirejected Scriptures Study
- Apocryphal facts V - REJECTED SCRIPTURES The Ethiopic History of the Contending of Saint Paul A work with this title exists as one of two books within the same writing: British Museum manuscript Oriental 683, a manuscript the copying of which probably dates from the period of the first half of the 17th century.
- Apocryphal facts VI - REJECTED SCRIPTURES The Syriac Apocalypse of Peter This apocalypse is found in the Gospel of the Twelve Apostles, With the Apocalypse of Each of Them .
Cite this article
Pick a style below, and copy the text for your bibliography.
Jerome completed his version of the Bible, the Latin Vulgate, in 405.In the Middle Ages, the Vulgate became the de facto standard version of the Bible in the West.The Vulgate manuscripts included prologues, in which Jerome clearly identified certain books of the older Old Latin Old Testament version as apocryphal – or non-canonical – even though they might be read as scripture. The Apocrypha consists of the books 1 and 2 Esdras, Tobit, Wisdom, Ecclesiasticus (Sirach), Baruch, and 1 and 2, Rest of Esther, Song of the Three Children, The Prayer of Manasseh, The Idol Bel and the Dragon and Maccabaeus. Each of these books is included in many Orthodox and Catholic Bibles between the Testaments.
JOHN BOWKER 'Apocryphal.' The Concise Oxford Dictionary of World Religions. . Encyclopedia.com. 13 Jan. 2021 <https://www.encyclopedia.com>.
JOHN BOWKER 'Apocryphal.' The Concise Oxford Dictionary of World Religions. . Encyclopedia.com. (January 13, 2021). https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/apocryphal
JOHN BOWKER 'Apocryphal.' The Concise Oxford Dictionary of World Religions. . Retrieved January 13, 2021 from Encyclopedia.com: https://www.encyclopedia.com/religion/dictionaries-thesauruses-pictures-and-press-releases/apocryphalLearn more about citation styles
Apocryphal Facts Viirejected Scriptures In The Bible
Encyclopedia.com gives you the ability to cite reference entries and articles according to common styles from the Modern Language Association (MLA), The Chicago Manual of Style, and the American Psychological Association (APA).
Apocryphal Facts Viirejected Scriptures List
Within the “Cite this article” tool, pick a style to see how all available information looks when formatted according to that style. Then, copy and paste the text into your bibliography or works cited list.
Because each style has its own formatting nuances that evolve over time and not all information is available for every reference entry or article, Encyclopedia.com cannot guarantee each citation it generates. Therefore, it’s best to use Encyclopedia.com citations as a starting point before checking the style against your school or publication’s requirements and the most-recent information available at these sites:
Modern Language Association
The Chicago Manual of Style
American Psychological Association
Apocryphal Facts Viirejected Scriptures Study
- Most online reference entries and articles do not have page numbers. Therefore, that information is unavailable for most Encyclopedia.com content. However, the date of retrieval is often important. Refer to each style’s convention regarding the best way to format page numbers and retrieval dates.
- In addition to the MLA, Chicago, and APA styles, your school, university, publication, or institution may have its own requirements for citations. Therefore, be sure to refer to those guidelines when editing your bibliography or works cited list.